Saturday, January 23, 2010

How many years do teenagers spend saving up for a car?

I just want a rough estimate. Assume that the teen has only a bit of parent help. Assume he/she has one of those low paying jobs as a clerk or something. Just a rough estimate.How many years do teenagers spend saving up for a car?
lol my first car was a 1987 ford tempo, stick shift. (which I bought in 2001) I paid $300 for my car! I saved up for about two months working part time at a video store. My parents didn't pay for any of it, but they DID pay my insurance premium (which was very nice of them) The car lasted me until the end of my Senior year before it totally died lol. I didn't need a car at college, so it was no problem. Later I saved up from my college summer job and bought a '97 Hyundai accent for $3500. It was a very dependable car which I continued to drive until I started having children and wanted a four door! :)How many years do teenagers spend saving up for a car?
None. lol. They really can't work a substantial amount of time. So it comes down to mechanics. If you have mechanics in the family and can afford a wonder car---under $500---thats great. If not, it usually means a loan and payments. For us, we agreed to a set monthly fee---$50 per month insurance and they didnt get cars until their senior yr in hs when they could afford $100 or so for a car payment. We also agreed that we would pay for 1/2 price of the car. My best suggestion is to keep the car in your own name----its no toy and I only had to pull it off the road once, but I was glad I had the ability to do so without the hassles of ';but its my car';.
1 year to 5 years ... actually it depends of the price of the car
never thought about saving


just ask mom and dad
i have been saving up for 10 years now....and i still dont have enough money for a new mugen honda civic....





http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars鈥?/a>
it depends on the car he wants he could save in two months for a $300 car but if he wants another car then maybe up to a year maybe 2 depending and as a mom i would make sure he has responsibility before letting them have a car even drive.
Will my first car was $1500.And I did a paper rout till I got all the money it tooked me about a 2 years. Cuz I was 14 when I started and i only put a lil bit away at a time. My husband mom co-sign for his car but he paid off the loan.And it tooked him 2 years to pay off the loan.But you can get a loan if you have a co-signer. and You can get as long as 4 years loan.Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment