Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is the best way of dealing with troublesome teenagers?

Apart from resorting to violence?What is the best way of dealing with troublesome teenagers?
The best thing that you could do is to try and make friends with them. You could do somethings with them that both of you enjoy. Such as hanging out. If they are girls, well you could try shopping or hanging out at the mall. If they are boys, you could try video games. I really hope that helped.What is the best way of dealing with troublesome teenagers?
Talk to them. Set the rules and consequences. Talk to them like they are people. Don't talk down to them. Ask them if they understand or have any questions.





Demand respect. Don't tolerate disrespect. No need for it.





Take away privileges. Make them sit in a chair.





Parents/adults are not friends to their children or children.





Parents/adults have a serious responsibility.





When teenagers become adults - they will understand.
I'm a teenager, but I'm not troublesome. I'm very close to my parents, I love them. But I hate it when they don't listen to me. I may be young, but that doesn't mean I don't have opinions and thoughts. When I ask why my dad can yell at me and say mean things, but I can't do the same to him, his favorite line is ';Because I'm the parent and you're not, so deal with it.'; And that really just frustrates me to no extent. Simply because he is an adult does not give him the right to disrespect me. And I'm not saying that I have the right to disrespect him either; I don't. I guess what I wish for as a teenager is for my parents to talk to me like an equal. I want them to understand I have feelings (not just puppy love and high school drama) and I want them to compromise with me and talk to me in a mature way so that I don't feel like I have to lie and go behind their backs in order to have fun. I'm not sure what kind of trouble you're dealing with, but I hope this helped. Just treat your teenager like a person, not your child.





Sarah :)
Removal of privileges. If they can't be trusted, they won't be doing the activities.





You also need to spend lots of heartfelt time together. Reflecting emotions, conversations, having fun together, etc. Rebuild the relationship so that the teen trusts your judgement.
I don't think there is a best way. It all depends on the personality of the teenager.





Could you elaborate the trouble you are having with the teenager?
Let the authorities deal with them. Show them that acting like punks will get them a nice vacation to a place where mommy and daddy won't rescue their butts.
let them get on with it, just be there for them when they need you. They do grow out of it.





Its hard work but stressing yourself out and worrying just makes things worse
when they misbehave spank them with a belt. when they were smaller u hit them with ur hand across the butt. when they r teens take the belt and hit them
Start taking away stuff, phone, TV, being able to go out etc.
Bear mace, raid, snares....

No comments:

Post a Comment