Thursday, January 21, 2010

How many hours can teenagers work per week?

I turn 16 in april and i'm getting a job this summer!


I want to know how many hours i can work per day and per week.


I'm trying to work 9 hours a day.


Is that possible?How many hours can teenagers work per week?
Minors, during the school year, are technically not allowed to have full time jobs, which is 40 hours a week. I'm not sure about during the summer, but I don't think it is legal for you to work 9 hours a day. I know that some places DO that... For example, my brother, when he was still 17, was working from 10 am until 7 pm at Chick-Fil-A on Saturdays, and I know for a fact that it is illegal to work a minor for more than 8 hours a day. I believe it will depend on how many days a week you want to work, and what the job is that you have, but I do know for a fact that they will probably NOT work you more than 40 hours a week, as they would have to give you overtime pay, and with the economy in the state that is, most companies/businesses are trying to hire as many employees for as little pay as possible. I would say to talk to your supervisor about hours, because if you want to work 9 hours a day, you will probably only be working 4 days a week, and most employers will not actually schedule a 16 year old for that much time. :) Hope this helps! If you want more hours, you could try getting two jobs. :)How many hours can teenagers work per week?
miners can only work 15-25 hours a week. They also have a limit of 4-6 hours a day. Good luck!
40 hours max per week i think.


and im pretty sure only 8 max per day.





im sure if you google that, itll tell you.
In CA it is 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment