Sunday, May 9, 2010

What are some common problems facing teenagers today?

I recently read The Gospel According to Larry for my Honors English class. We were given an assignment to write a sermon on a common problem that teenagers face today. I was thinking about doing abusive relationships (I have been one and am very passionate about getting the word out to people my age. I was looking for some other suggestions.





SO I guess my question is: what are some of the problems that teenagers face today? What bothers YOU about the adolescents in your society? What are teenagers too apathetic about?What are some common problems facing teenagers today?
There's loads of stuff. First, we have being stressed out with the amazing amount of homework/coursework given to us to be done in a short period of time. Secondly, everyone is about body image and I know people who go on new diets every week. Thirdly, I have access to drugs or alcohol if I want it... I suppose adults may consider that a problem.





There have been lots of fights/rivalry between people at schools in my district. One time I came out of school and there was a group of older teenagers wearing balacalavas and holding baseball bats who were waiting for a person in the year above me. It was really freaky.What are some common problems facing teenagers today?
Pregnancy at young age, Binge drinking, Drugs, Joining gangs, Dealing drugs, being homeless, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, many more.
I think peer pressure...smoking, drinking, having sex...esp. the pressure of having sex. That's a problem that most teenage boys who are still virgins have to go through.
mental retardation.....it seems like it's more common these days

No comments:

Post a Comment