Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is there a stage in a teenagers life that you start to question God's existence?

I read the bible as much as I can, but I keep questioning. My friends say the same thing. They're confused. There are signs that God is real, but there isn't any proof. Is it just a stage?Is there a stage in a teenagers life that you start to question God's existence?
It is called ';growing up';





The bible is full of fairytales, only delusional people can go their whole lives without questioning it.





And you are right, there is no evidence of God anywhere. I believed myself at one time and tried to look for evidence and came up empty handedIs there a stage in a teenagers life that you start to question God's existence?
At about the same time as you develop independence and abstract reasoning, you'll develop skepticism about God. Aided by conformist pressure and guilt, most people will punch these thoughts down effectively enough to become set in their ways and have religion become a life long affair, but some will free themselves.
If there were ever proof of God, religion would mean nothing. If God came down to Earth tomorrow and told everybody that he was real and that the Bible is truth, then everyone would be as good a Christian as possible because they would KNOW that they would go to Hell otherwise. The only thing that makes religion meaningful is that it takes faith, not reason.





As far as your question goes, most teenagers do start questioning the truth of things they haven't directly experienced. This is true not just of religion but of anything that has been presented as fact without ample evidence.





If you end up abandoning your faith and becoming agnostic, it's no problem at all. It just means you've achieved a new (though not necessarily superior) worldview.
Certainly. I questioned everything about God, the Bible, and what it all meant. I used to develop some really bizarre rationalizations just to do my thing whatever it was at the time.





It's only those who don't rationalize beyond a point of ridiculousness in a bid to follow the herd are the ones who stay with it for life.



I think the stage of adolescence has become something just to get through. Do your best to stay in your beliefs because in my opinion, they will help you survive the turbulence.





It seems to me adolescence is a time for questioning everything about everything.





Somewhere in the back of your brain is the realization that God is real and He loves you. Hang onto that, because that is the truth that never changes.
It's probably because you're at an age in your life where you're thinking for yourself more, wheras before this, you may have had lots of influence from parents, teachers etc





Whether you believe or not is up to you now. There's not much point in spending your time worshiping something that makes no sense. However, this may be just a phase and your doubts now could disappear as you get older and you'll go back to believing again.





I'm not a believer myself, but I'm not going to try and influence you to do the same - however, if you just keep an open mind about it all and don't despair, you never know how you will feel later on in life. Something may occur to reinforce your beliefs again, which is great, but if not, don't worry, you're not the only one who thinks the way you do.



Most people, around their teenage years, go through a period of searching for their own identity. For people who were indoctrinated into a religion during childhood, it's common for this period to involve questioning that religion. You're getting to an age where it's finally dawning on you that not everything you've been taught is the truth, and the way you were brought up is not the only way to be.


Whether this new-found rationality is 'just a stage' is largely up to you. For some people it is a stage; they ask some questions, don't particularly like where the answers are going and then just give up. For others the prospect of giving up on objectivity and returning to an arbitrarily selected set of beliefs just seems stupid.
I have questioned god since the 1st time I ever walked into a church.To me the bible is just a book of stories compiled by hundreds of people over a thousand years. I've never seen proof in any way shape or form that god exists. This whole universe could be in a test tube on a workbench somewhere...
this is normal, it happened for me a bit prematurely, though i come from a non-religious house. if you believe God is real, he is. If you end up thinking he isn't, he isn't. everything here is a normal stage, and you'll come to closure sooner or later. so relax, and enjoy the road! it's always fun and depending on how much research you do, you can get into theological discussions if you so choose. as a plus, right now you're educating yourself, and can appear super smart, so take advantage!
since the beginning of time, people needed some kind of Higher Power to comfort and govern them, that's where all these different religious come from. later on christianity was formed, with the thought of there's ONE god that rules everything, and if you die, you either go to heck or heaven. you ACTUALLY go 6 feet under the ground. i used to really believe in god and that he'd throw a lightening bolt at me if i was bad lol. i used to pray and sing gospel songs and read children's bibles. but it's all over for me now. what a false hope! %26gt;:(
Read ';The God Delusion'; and keep reading the bible. Research other religions. I did and I came to the conclusion through logical thinking and factual research. There is no god whatsoever. There is proof against god. There is no absolute proof for him. Live a good life. If god can't see past how good a person really is there there is no use in being involved with a person like that.
yes, it actually is a stage, but it won't ever go away unless you force yourself to stop thinking about it.





There is a part of ur brain called the frontal cortex. This area is responsible for logic and critical thinking. It doesn't fully develop until the age of 25.





Basically, you're just becoming smarter... it's ur choice though. Either you silence ur logic which is the foundation of all civilization and go with religion which is illogical... or you can take the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes :]
Hm... it's because I read the Bible that I started questioning my faith. Had I not read it, I feel I would've been ';more Christian'; than I am now. All I noticed in it were the evil things God was doing, so for now, I question what ';love'; is, at least defined in the Bible. God burns people for eternity ';out of love.'; We're supposedly created in his image. Is it wrong that our desires don't lie in cooking someone for eternity?





It might be just a stage. Until I was about 14, I didn't question God... until I read the Bible. Strange how that works, eh? The Bible is the source of the ';true faith'; yet when I read it, it made me disbelieve more and more? Maybe that's what's happening to you.





I'm not atheist, and I'm not agnostic, but in many ways I do question the Biblical God. That's why I follow the all-loving God I was taught and avoid the seemingly hate-filled God in the Bible altogether.
It is very natural.


So, go ahead, question your heart out.


Just be super cautious as to the source that you accept.


So far, it seems the religious organization with which you are associated is not able to take you any farther.


So, reach out and listen to what others say.


Those JW's .....they have 'meaty' stuff.
If it is a stage, then its a never-ending one. Its natural to question things that no one has any solid proof of. Especially when people force so much onto you (donations to church, church every sunday...)
Ah the teenage years, the years when you start forming your own opinion. The age where you start developing common since and even questioning thing of your beliefs.
It's Just a Stage.. Im 16 and i went through it just because you cant see him... you can feel him.. its like comparing god with the wind. you cant see it but you can feel it and sometimes the wind Has ALOT of force... meaning god himself answers the prayers of one's he thinks is right to answer.. But Just because science says he isnt there... they can not prove he isnt.. its an invisible force like the wind... Hope This Helps You Out Take Care :]
GOD it's not real. Wake up. This is 21st century. We have science and technology. GOD is just a weakens of people. God is just an excuse for people. Think for yourself be your own god.
i was raised in church and between 16 and 17 i started questioning. im almost 19 and im very slowly starting to be back to what i was when i was younger. i had no doubt when i was real young
The teenage life stage, you question everything!
I was about 7 or so when Christianity didn't make sense .........as soon as they told me it was meant Literally I rejected it
Probably at about 5 years old when they find out that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy don't exist. That is the problem with telling them that mythical characters exist.
thats crazy cuz i am 16 and i am going threw the same thing to so i dont noe i think ah lil there is a stage if you feel the same as me
yer when your brains mature you start to question faith. for some its just a stage. but others lose their faith all together
Yes, mine came at age 8 and my life view had solidified by the time I was 15: no god (s) (esses).
Yea, it's called getting educated and waking up. Just like there was a time when you realized there was no Santa.
It's called growing up. The first step is when you find out Santa isn't real.
I had the same thing with the easter bunny.
The Bible proves itself through its prophecies and its many archaelogical discoveries.





http://www.s8int.com








Next time you read it pray this first:





';Dear God,please open my eyes and show me the truth as I read this,in Jesus name I pray,amen';
well..not really God is real look around u he made the whole world and if u ever do quistion his existence just look around u he made every thing that should be all the proof u need! =) hope it helps.
God is real the end is in 2012 better start believing boy

No comments:

Post a Comment