Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is the best advice on raising teenagers?

Daughter is sensitive, naive and a bit on the impulsive side. Doubt that drugs and alcohol will be the rocks in the road she will stumble upon but guys... just a feeling I have. She seems to want to feel needed... More of introvert with large groups of people but more outgoing in smaller groups. Grades are excellent.What is the best advice on raising teenagers?
Whatever you do, dont be too nice or too sweet they will walk all over you.


Unfortunaetly you have to start out rasing them right at a very young age.


-But the best advice i can now give you is always be a MOM to them NOT a friend, be strict and dont take your eyes off of them.


-Always make sure you know who their friends are. No matter what they say ';DONT'; trust them they are teens and any chance they get to misbehave they will do it.


-My mom had the greatest qualities i parent should have:


Strict, Understanding, Nurturing, Had lots of rules for me and my brother to follow, etc.


-Everytime i wanted to go out and have fun with my so called friends she always told me ';no'; there is time for everything.


She was right!


I hated her back in my teen years. I hardly ever had fun, i was very miserable. I was only allowed to go out with my family or my two best friends. And it sucked because i wanted to be more popular in high school, and i taught that by going to parties and hanging out with kids i would acheive my goal. I was never to popular in high school.





But now i look back and i thank her everyday more and more for being such a good mom. I've realised that there is time for everything, and now that i am mature enough i have SAFE fun and i love my life. I'm just starting to live.





My childhood was the best childhood ever because i didnt grow up to fast like most kids today.


and now more than ever i realise that my mom did a great job and that all parents should be like her.





Good luck


and i reall really really hoped i helped





What is the best advice on raising teenagers?
I would make room for alot of mother and daughter time inviting her friends over when convieant Watching who she hangs out with encouraging her to join things at school my friends kids always told me what was going on tell her if there is anything she wants to tell you you are there for her one hundred percent the key to teenagers keep them occupied and busy and talk to them even when attitude strikes yelling is worthless sitting down calmly talking to them works
Make sure you don't embarrass her, try and get a night that shes not busy on and find out her favorite type of movie, if she doesn't have friends over she'll probably want some company and you could try watch it on the couch next to her. :D


Try and sit the boys down and have a talk.. not so much about where they're going in life, more or less about how they will treat her.


Tell them that they can't hurt your little girl or you'll grab you sledge hammer..


Lmao


And remember NEVER embarrass her but do make her look and feel independent (like letting her go out.)
always be a mother to her but i have found that being best friends with my daughters has helped immensely. my daughters talk to me about alot of things and i don't think we have too many secrets. the best thing you can do is always be there for her. good luck
She sounds alot like i am just let her know that your proud about the grades and just let her have her space while at the same time letting her know that your glad she's there if that makes sense....
Pray and then pray some more. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment