Friday, December 25, 2009

How many teenagers fell pregnant while you were at school?

Do you think the numbers are different from today?


Need facts from people to put in my speech.


Hope you can help.


Thanks Brit.How many teenagers fell pregnant while you were at school?
The numbers are insanely high today. I'm 29, and when i graduated in '99, there was 1 girl who was pregnant! I knew another who was a grade ahead of me, but she had her baby junior year. They were also accidents.





It is a trend to have babies in high school now. Girls think it's ';cool'; and think it makes them appear more mature. They also use it as a way to ';trap'; their boyfriends. It's crazy, and immature..and there is no reason why anyone in high school should be planning on getting themselves pregnant! In fact, girls today have WAY more information that we did...so there is no excuse for all of these teen pregnancies.How many teenagers fell pregnant while you were at school?
I don't know about the entire school, but of the girls in my grade there were at least four or five each year (different girls each year). So between 16 and 20 of just my grade level during my four years of high school.





I know there were girls that were both older and younger than me who got pregnant. But I don't know the particulars of their numbers.





Also, just so you know, I graduated 10 years ago.





EDIT: I also knew a couple of girls in my middle school who got pregnant while in middle school. But that number was much lower. There were only 1 or 2 girls that had children that young.
I was 17 and in Year 11 when I fell pregnant. I was 1 of 3 girls who were pregnant. The other 2 were in Year 12. I went to a school where there were 2000 people, so I think 3 out of 2000 was very good (this was 3 years ago). but even since then I think the numbers have risen. I know a lot of girls fell pregnant before I started going to the school I was at because they have a separate part to the school called NETschool where if you fell pregnant and you couldn't keep going to school, you could either go into NETschool and do your work with others who were pregnant or had babies or do it from home over the internet. You would do the same work as if you were going to normal school, you would be doing your VCE.


I kept going to school for 5 months after I found out and then I went to NETschool. There were about 20 girls who went there and I was only one pregnant at the time, they all had had their babies. You could take your babies into NETschool with you while you did schoolwork and they had a lot of baby facilities and some of the teachers would look after your baby while you finished off some schoolwork.


It was like a social networking thing too where you met other young mums. It is fantastic thing to have.


Sorry, I rambled on a bit there.
i went to a school where they had a daycare built in, because almost every girl i went to middle school with was pregnant by high school. it was bad, there were like 70-90 pregnant girls ranging from freshman to senior, although most were freshman and sophomores. and yeah i think it's way different. because its so common, it's becoming more ';socially acceptable';, so when they do become pregnant, it's not that big of a deal, which makes it a problem.
I graduated from high school 20 years ago and there was only one girl out of a class of 1000 who got pregnant during high school and had her baby before the year was over. Another girl got pregnant near the end of the school year and delivered after graduation. It was very taboo back then to even think about teen pregnancy. People talked if they knew you even had sex.
You can't use peoples experiences they tell you about on here as sources of facts because you can't actually confirm that their story is indeed true nor do peoples opinions necessarily affect the actual statistics. For instance, in Canada the rate is actually decreasing though people would be inclined to say its increasing. See below links:


http://www.sexualityandu.ca/teachers/dat鈥?/a>


http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/st鈥?/a>


http://www.statcan.gc.ca/kits-trousses/p鈥?/a> (bottom link also includes graph of US trends which have for the most part been on a decrease except for the past two years or so)


Here are more US sources if that is where you are from:


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con鈥?/a>


http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009鈥?/a>


http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/07/10/tee鈥?/a>
I go to a choll with about 500 people and 6 of witch were pregnant not including me so that makes it 7. I am 15 which also makes me a teen. all of them were weens acctually? I say we need more after school activities aye?
wow some the answers on here make me sick! there is absolutly NO reason why girls in high school should be getting pregnant! i agree with Ashley, there are too many resources available for these teens to be so stupid. Go on birth control or close your f**king legs!
I believe the numbers have risen,and it's only been six years since I had my daughter. Yes,I was in 10th grade when I got pregnant. There were a couple girls as well as myself that were pregnant.
There are currently 13 people at my school who are pregnant.


And that's not counting the ones who have already had their kids.
ALOT LOL I WOULD SAY ABOUT 10 EACH SCHOOL YEAR
  • eye blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment